Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make It Matter

At the end of my life it won't matter if I was at the "party of the year" or how many friends I made.
 It'll matter if I was there for someone who needed me. 
If I was the best friend I could be for the friends I already have. 
It won't matter if I was prom queen or how many trophies I won. 
It'll matter that I did my best and made an effort. 
Having the best dress and most money won't matter. 
Dressing modestly and staying out of debt will.
It won't matter if people think I'm weird and different. 
It'll matter that I accepted myself and loved me for me. 
At the end of my life it won't matter how big my house was or what car I drove. 
It'll be what I did in my house and where I went in my car that will. 
Life isn't just one big party and competition to have the best things the world can offer you. 
For me, It's finding joy in everything. 
Living a life you can be proud about.
One you can look back on and say, "Dang, I did good. I lived a good life. God would be proud" 
It's being happy with yourself. 
Loving and caring for people. 
Even when they don't care back.
Keeping your values and standards. 
Reaching that ultimate goal. (Heaven)
Life is laughing when your happy and crying when your sad.
It's pushing yourself past where you thought you couldn't go.
It's feeling and not running or hiding from those feelings.
It's being honest to yourself and everyone around you.
We need to live life. Not party through it.
Don't get me wrong. Parting is fun. It's the best.
But it's not the only thing in life.
We need to make our life matter. 
Don't get so caught up in the way the world portrays life.
Find a purpose for living and live.
Enjoy it because you only get one chance.
Make it count.

2 comments:

  1. Kindra, I know I always say this, but you are so inspirational. Seriously. I love all of your posts. I love that I can feel the truth in them. You're amazing, and so much wiser beyond your years. I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Stephanie:) I love you!! Thank you soo much!:)

    ReplyDelete