Thursday, October 13, 2011

Give Thanks

I feel like I haven't been very grateful lately. So many people have done so much for me and I don't know if I have properly showed my gratitude towards them. Especially Christ. I get so caught up in the world and the way things are that I forget to say thank you. It feels so wrong, to me, to not express my gratitude. I wouldn't be where I am without everyone that has every been apart of my life. So I want to say thank you.


First, thank you to my parents. You have raised me to be the girl that I am. You have taught me what is right and wrong. You raised me to know of Christ and the love he gives. You showed me how to love simply by loving me with all your heart. You, by example, have showed me how I want my life to be. I can't think of a more service oriented people than you. From day one you have been my ultimate heros. How blessed I am to call you my parents. You are what I need in life. So thank you. Thank you for being the best parents anyone could ask for.


Thank you to my siblings. All families have their problems and i'm not excluding ours but, I feel, we have one of the strongest families. I love how close we are. You all have showed me nothing but love and kindness regardless of how I have treated you. You have strengthened me in ways you could never dream of. Yeah, we fight sometimes but that has only taught me how to handle stress and forgive others. I thank God everyday for putting me in such a wonderful family. Thank you.




Thank you to Courtney Johnson. My best friend. You and I have been through so much together and yet no fights! Yay! You have been there whenever I needed it. You have sat and listened to me complain, laugh and just be straight up weird. And yet, you still love me. You don't judge me. I can't ask for a better best friend. I love our relationship and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Thank you for always supporting me and listening. I don't know what I would have done without you. We will forever be best friends. Thank you.




Thank you to all my "little sisters." (Kaela Marrott, Jenna Jarvis, Caitlyn Moffit, and Courtney Moffit) Oh, I have loved growing up with you girls. You are wonderful people! And though you are younger than me, I still look up to you in so many ways. You have showed me how to be strong when everything else is falling a part. I love that I can talk to you girls about anything and everything and you give me your opinion. You guys are always there for me. I love that you guys come to me and call me your sister. Thank you so much for the love you give me. Thank you.




Thank you to one of my second mothers. (Michelle Marrott) What a wonderful women you are. Thank you for always loving me and letting me into your house. I love that I can come to you at anytime and you will sit and talk with me. You make me see life in such a bright way. You are one of the strongest people I know. I love how much we can relate. You make me feel like apart of your family. Thank you.




Thank you Stephanie Turpin. You are such an inspirational person and I look up to you a lot. You have always been my closest and favorite cousin. I love when people tell me I look like you! You are so strong and independent. I want to be like that. I love that you feel at home at my house and you come over often. I love our "gossip time." I love that I can and do call you whenever I need and you will sit and try to help me out. You're just so positive and on tune with the spirit. Thank you.



Thank you to all my friends. Each one of you. I can't even explain all that you have done for me. You all make up my past and have given me memories that I cherish above all. Friends really are Gods way of taking care of us. I wouldn't want to live my life without any of you. There is a reason, for each of you, that you are in my life. Thank you for letting me be apart of your life. You all make me want to be the best person I can be. Thank you.


And most important, thank you Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Thank you so much for giving me all these people. Thank you for never leaving me. Thank you for caring and letting me grow. Thank you for leading me though life. Thank you for every second chance. Thank you for loving me in a way I will never truly understand. Thank you for dying for me and giving me all the opportunities in life. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. 


"If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues. Someone has said that “gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. ~President Thomas S. Monson 
“When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.”    ~President Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. Kindra! You are so amazing! This post (like all of your other posts) testifies of your sweet spirit! Thank you for the kind words, I feel honored to have made your list of "thankful-for's!" I love you, so much!

    ReplyDelete