Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Zions National Park

                 Soooo I had the most wonderful adventure. I got to go down to Zions National Park with my Dad and best friend (Courtney.) Every second was so fun and some type of adventure. We got up at 5am and drove down and instantly started on the hike in the Narrows. Talk about amazing. My mind was blowin everytime I looked around. We had these special shoes and socks to keep our feet warm and to be able to grip the rocks better. Doing the hike without those shoes would probably have been hell. In my opinion. They were ugly, smelly and uncomfortable but totally worth it. After we hiked the Narrows we went out to this little natural pool to do a little bit of "cliff jumping." Well you could see the bottom so I did not jump. I refused. It looked like the water was 3 feet deep!! I feel bad for not going and all but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Afterwards we went to return the shoes and get something to eat. We ate at this place called Wildcat Willies. It was quite the place to eat! After hiking all day it was like heaven. And of course afterwards we had to go get ice cream from the candy store. I have never had a perfect ice cream cone but those, they were perfect. Like perfectly round on the cone and yeah. We then got to go to the place we were camping and on the way you have to go through this tunnel that is a mile long. Yeah. A mile long. It had like windows ever few hundred yards or so but  it was really cool.
                    The place we stayed at was called The Ponderosa Ranch. Such a cool place. They had legit resort pools and hot tubs, hot showers, a zip line, mini golf, ping pong and pool, outside movies, a restaurant and more. It was nice. We set up camp, went and sat in the hot tubs and took a shower. Needless to say we slept fine that night!! When we woke up we cleaned up camp and went to do the zip line. Courtney has kinda a fear of them seeming how last time she was on one she broke her pelvis. So I had to go first. I hate heights. Like it's my second biggest fear. But this was not scary at all! In fact I loved it! Courtney only went once but we had four runs for the two of us. So I got to take her second one and go three times:) Then we left. But the adventure's not over!! We stopped at a petting zoo on the way home. It smelled but was really funny. It just had like goats and llamas and stuff like that. Super cute:)
                  And that would be my over night adventure with two of my favorite people:)








No comments:

Post a Comment