Thursday, July 21, 2011

Train Ride


This is a poem I found a while back and for some reason I love it:)
I’ve thought about you so much
If only you knew…
When I was a little girl
I’d spend hours at my bedroom window
looking down at people in the street
and to me, it seemed that they were all couples.
Then my mother would come in and tell me
that I couldn’t spend my life dreaming
with my head in the clouds all the time
that I had to wake up to life.
The funny thing was my mother had ended up pregnant with me
and then spent all her life waiting 
for my father to suddenly appear
to meet her after work
like in an Officer and a Gentleman

You know something?
I’ve been writing you poems all my life.
Because long before you appeared,
I knew you were there.
I’d picture you walking down the street turning corners
I’d even get jealous, 
imagining you surrounded by beautiful blonde girls
I’d get so mad
But really, I was jealous
Because they’d already come into your life
and I hadn’t.
Do you know what I would do?
I’d close my eyes
and wish with all my heart
that you’d keep going
without stopping at any station
to be by my side as fast as you could

I’ve been waiting for you all my life
and at last you’ve arrived.
I couldn’t be any happier.
I love you from the bottom of my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment