Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blessings

Have you ever taken a second and thought about how many blessing we all have? Has that second turned to minutes? Then hours? Days? Even years? It would take our entire life to really point out every blessing. To see them and truly be thankful for them. Just look around you. The things you see everyday are blessings. Where you live, your friends, the way technology has grown, a sunset, a father hugging his children. They are all good and they are all blessings. I think a lot of people get caught up with everything that is bad in the world and how unfair it is. It's true. There is a lot of bad things that have happened. Too many lives have been taken, too many kids beaten, too many wars started, too many families torn apart. And it's sad. To think that darkness like that exists. But there is just as much good. There is happy things too. Families are being made everyday, people are coming together to help others, love is growing, the world is becoming more beautiful. It's not always easy to see it. Somedays are hard others easy but when you stop and take that second to think about all the blessings God has given us it makes life more enjoyable and worth it. So here is the start of my second...
I am thankful for the Gospel. I honestly don't know where I would be without it. To have that truth and stability in my life. It's the light that has gotten me through more trials than I can count.
I'm thankful for my parents. Two people who, through example, has shown me love and kindness. Who raised me with a knowledge of Christ and a desire to serve him. They taught me respect and gratitude. I wouldn't be me without them.
I am thankful for my siblings. You know some friends have fall outs and they become strangers but not family. Not my siblings. They are always there and always will be. I can always count on them. They make me laugh and cry. Sometimes at the same time. They're amazing and I couldn't have asked for better.
I am thankful for my nieces and nephew. You don't know what love and happiness is until you hear their laughter, feel their arms around your neck or listen to them learn your name. They may be young but they teach me every time I see them. There is definitely a reason we need to be like little children.
I'm thankful for my friends. They love me no matter what and care for me in ways words can't describe. We share so many adventures and memories together. Each has influenced my life for good and helped me be a better person.
I am thankful for my home, my job, my car, hot chocolate:) I'm thankful that even though somedays are hard I still get to have days. I get to look out the window and see the sun or the moon. The beauty of the mountains and sunsets. Oh how I love sunsets. I'm so thankful for my health. That I can go out and make each day a different adventure. I know I talk about these things ALL the time but they are such a big part of my life and I'm so grateful for them that I can't not talk about them. I am eternally grateful for all of them for all my blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am trying to contact Jordan Kuettel. I was great friends with him in the mission in Argentina. Let me know the best way to contact him please! Thank you...Tell him I am on facebook. -Robert Braun

    ReplyDelete