Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Forgiveness

As I was typing up my final for my Marriage and Relationship Skills class I had to decide on one of the most important chapters out of my book. I choose the one on forgiveness. It got me thinking about all the mistakes I have made in my life and all the things I have done wrong to people. It's kind of sad thought, that if I could go back and change things I would. It's always a bit of a slap in the face when you realize just how much you have messed up and there isn't much you can do about it. It is so important to realize that people make mistakes and we can't hold them to them. We are all full of weaknesses. We all make dumb choices. To think that someone doesn't is to live a lie and i'm sorry but your dreams will be crushed. I'm a believer in second chances. If someone asks for forgiveness who am I to deny them that right? I would want the same in return. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." Shouldn't we look at our own sins before others? Yes, we should but we don't because it is easier to face faults in others than it is to face them in ourselves. It's easier to hold a grudge and be angry but grudges hold you in prison. Forgiveness sets the prisoner free. We don't get to be the judge. It's our job to forgive.
"Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men." (D&C 64:9-10)
 So here's to all my mistakes. I apologize if I have ever wronged you in any way. I apologize for my stupid choices and for all the times I have and will mess up. I've said it before and will say it again, I'm not perfect. I don't claim to be. I am human. Sometimes the lesser person comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment